Vicky is an English triathlete who is part of the GB Olympic set up. She lives and trains in Leeds, the home of GB triathlon.
Vicky went to the London Olympics in 2012, however due to an unfortunate bike crash placed 26th, but since then she has become a figure head in the world of women’s triathlon. In 2012 Vicky became a World Champion as part of the British Mixed Team Relay squad then repeated this feat in 2014. The 2014 Commonwealth Games were a positive turning point as she secured her first major individual medal with a Bronze and bettered that with a Gold in the Mixed Team Relay along-side the Brownlee brothers.
Vicky took it up a notch in 2015, grabbing two wins on the ITU circuit in Cape Town and Edmonton. Along with these impressive wins she consistently achieved podium finishes throughout with a crucial 3rd at the Grand Final in Chicago, which secured her place at the Rio Olympics. Now well into the 2016 season Vicky placed an incredible 3rd at the Rio Olympics, grabbing herself a Bronze medal, an exceptional achievement on the world stage.
- 2016 Rio Olympics – Bronze Medal
- 2016 ITU World Triathlon (Leeds) – 3rd
- 2015 ITU World Triathlon Final (Chicago) 3rd
- 2015 ITU World Triathlon (Edmonton) 1st
- 2015 ITU World Triathlon Olympic Qualification (Rio) 3rd
- 2015 ITU World Triathlon (Hamburg) 2nd
- 2015 ITU World Triathlon Mixed Relay (Hamburg) 3rd
- 2015 ITU World Triathlon (Cape Town) 1st
- 2014 Commonwealth Games (Glasgow) 1st
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Relay (Glasgow) 3rd
- 2014 ITU World Triathlon Final Relay (Hamburg) 1st
- 2012 London Olympics
How does HIGH5 fit in with my training:
With multiple disciplines across each day, I really use the whole range of High5 products; my drinks bottle is with me all day and I enjoy the EnergyBars during my longer sessions. Protein Recovery is a great help in getting me back on my feet after tough endurance days. Its a great product that helps with all aspects of my training and racing.
My Favourite products:
Top tip for aspiring athletes
“Enjoy what you’re doing and always train with people”.